Halloween—It’s Not Just for Kids!
Halloween fun is for grownups, too! We could all use a break, so why not celebrate with a grown-up dinner party or a spooky cocktail hour while you welcome trick-or-treaters at the door? The K&N Sales team has a few ideas to help you BOO-tify your Halloween party!
Bake up a table full of Halloween treats—in a new oven, perhaps? Halloween lovers can enjoy a little bit of their favorite holiday all year long with a stylish, custom orange BlueStar oven. Spooky and sweet treat ideas include:
- Martha Stewart’s Halloween-themed Cupcake slideshow includes “Broken Glass,” “Marshmallow Ghost,” and “Tombstone” cupcakes, among others;
- We love this Bloody Halloween Cake made with Red Velvet cake from Say It With Cake;
- Try making your own candy corn, popcorn balls, and “Atomic Candy Apples” from Alton Brown’s blog.
Keep Your Creepy Cocktails Cold
Treat yourself to a Liebherr beverage center for all your holiday entertaining. Upgrade your refrigeration and/or freezer storage with Liebherr’s fresh, European design and superior quality appliances, including refrigerators, wine storage options, and outdoor kitchens. Alternate idea—go low-tech with Martha Stewart’s instructions for the perfect Pumpkin Party Cooler. If you’re looking for cocktail recipes, try one (or more) of these 15 “hauntingly good” Halloween cocktails. If your ice maker is ready for an upgrade the K&N Sales staff has several great suggestions!
Spooky Décor & Table Settings
We turned to The Decorista blog for a little Halloween tabletop inspiration to get us started here are a few tips for planning your Halloween décor:
- Pick your favorite spooky novel, TV show, or movie to create a literary theme—Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein is a classic choice, or Shirley Jackson’s We Have Always Lived in the Castle. You could also go modern—Stephen King, or The Twilight Zone.
- Don’t forget to decorate outside! Make sure you set the tone with a spooky entrance for your guests.
- If you’re on a budget, or just short on time, we love this list of simple, fun DIY Halloween ideas from the DIY network.
Stop by our showroom at 1401 Shepherd Drive in Houston to see the new Dacor Modernist flush-mounted oven. Stay up-to-date with us, and connect with K&N Sales on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz!