Why Choose Black Stainless Steel Appliances?
One of the newest trends in kitchen appliances is the emergence of “black stainless steel.” Traditional stainless steel is covered in a dark finish to create black stainless appliances, which make a bold, modern impression in the kitchen. The popularity of black stainless steel appliances is on the rise thanks to its unusual look—and a fingerprint-resistant smudge-proof coating.
Brands Doing Black Stainless Steel
So, who exactly is manufacturing black stainless steel appliances? Some of your favorite appliance brands on the market, including:
- Bosch black stainless steel dishwasher in “black-graphite” is one of the newest black stainless appliances on the market;
- KitchenAid black stainless appliances come in a rich, metallic black with a brushed matte finish;
- Samsung black stainless appliances have two coats—the first is color, the second protects the finish from smudges;
- Frigidaire also offers a line of appliances in smudge-resistant black stainless steel;
Tips for Shopping Black Stainless Appliances
If you love the look of black stainless steel appliances but you aren’t sure they’re right for you, consider the following:
- The finish is smudge and fingerprint-resistant, but colors and finishes can vary widely between manufacturers, making it harder to “mix-and-match”;
- Like traditional stainless steel appliances black stainless is durable, but it’s harder to find accessories (think hoods, faucets, etc.) to match black stainless appliances;
- Black stainless steel appliances are relatively new to the market, and may be a little harder to find and/or replace;
- If you’re not ready to commit to a kitchen full of black stainless steel appliances, try “mixing and matching” one piece into your existing appliances.
Stop in to our showroom at 1401 Shepherd Drive to learn more about our selection of black stainless steel appliances. Don’t forget to stay connected with K&N Sales on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz